Lander Grinspoon Academy is looking for a full-time Kindergarten teacher who will implement an innovative and creative curriculum that is rooted in a constructivist approach and integrates General Studies, Hebrew, and Jewish tradition. We are looking for someone who can take a well-established and exceptional program and make it their own.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Enthusiasm for teaching young children
- Ability to create a loving, nurturing and warm learning atmosphere
- Good organizational skills
- Proven classroom management skills
- Ability to develop a child centered classroom where children learn experientially and can pursue their intellectual interests
- Ability to communicate effectively with families and make learning visible
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Commitment to the social, emotional, and intellectual growth of all learners
- Proficiency in modern Hebrew and an ability to lead early Hebrew instruction through songs, games and movement
- Knowledge of Jewish ritual and tradition, with an openness to the diversity of Jewish practice
- Musical ability a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Training and/or experience in early literacy instruction
- Excellent written and verbal abilities
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
About Lander Grinspoon Academy
Lander-Grinspoon Academy is an independent Jewish day school welcoming children of families from all Jewish traditions and backgrounds. We have high academic standards, our curriculum integrates general and Jewish studies, and we place great value in active inquiry and mastery by each child to the best of his or her abilities. We have a dual-language Hebrew curriculum. Our Judaics curriculum is presented in an egalitarian framework. Our social curriculum teaches Tikkun Olam (repairing the world) and our core values including compassion, respect, and the importance of diversity. Our seasoned educators create a warm, nurturing, and creative environment that cultivates self-esteem, encourages success, and serves a variety of learning styles. Our faculty has a strong voice in the school and time is built into the schedule to support teacher collaboration. Our award winning farm (www.abundancefarm.org) allows for a variety of outdoor education and social justice opportunities.
For more information, visit the Lander Grinspoon Academy.
Interested candidates, please, login to the Jewish Jobs web site.