The ideal head of school will be an energetic and passionate advocate for Levey’s mission prepared to spearhead our recruitment efforts and to help our teachers continuously improve their pedagogy in light of the school’s core values. S/he will be eager to combine school leadership with hands-on teaching in an area of personal interest or expertise (anything from math to tefillah to yoga). This head of school will be excited to live in Maine and to engage actively in Portland’s Jewish and general communities. The head will possess interpersonal skills conducive to working with and guiding parents, teachers, board members, and volunteers, as well as a caring, outgoing, and respectful leadership style that inspires confidence and trust.
Education and Experience
- Experience as a teacher and as a mentor of teachers
- Familiarity with multi-grade education or other forms of differentiated instruction
- Marketing, communications, and recruitment experience
- Fundraising and grant-writing experience
- Management and administrative skills, including budgeting and financial management
- An advanced degree in a relevant field
About Levey Day School
Levey cultivates a caring community in which children of all faiths and backgrounds flourish in a nurturing and engaging environment. Our students develop ethical values, respect for themselves and others, strong leadership skills, and a sense of global citizenship. Thanks to our dedicated faculty, differentiated curriculum, and joyful culture, Levey students become more than just better learners—they become better people.
For more information, visit the Levey Day School job posting.
Interested candidates, please, view job posting for all relevant application instructions.