The Middle School Hebrew Language teacher is responsible for teaching Hebrew language to Middle School students (grades 6-8), concentrating on the students' acquisition of reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills. Additional responsibilities include leading a student advisory group and participating in Middle School trips. This is a part-time position with some full-time opportunities available.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop, prepare, and implement lesson plans based on the curriculum
- Use results of assessments to inform instruction
- Collaborate with other faculty members and administrative staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods
- Prepare lessons that reflect differentiation for individual student needs
- Represent a positive role model for students reflective of the mission of the school
- Participate actively and meaningfully in Professional Development opportunities
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students
- Manage student behavior in the classroom and administer discipline according to the school philosophy
- Valid teaching credential
- Excellent Hebrew and English reading, writing, and speaking skills
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience
- Knowledge of and experience with teaching foreign language according to ACTFL/Hebrew at the Center proficiency standards
- Previous experience in a Jewish Day School setting
- Master’s Degree in Education/Foreign Language Education
About Pressman Academy
Pressman Academy is an innovative and engaging Jewish Day School dedicated to developing minds, nurturing hearts, and instilling Jewish values. Located in the Pico-Robertson area of Los Angeles, Pressman Academy has approximately 500 students in its Early Childhood Center through eighth grade. Pressman Academy is known for its rigorous academics, strong social/emotional curriculum, Hebrew immersion program, and warm community. Pressman Academy is affiliated with the Solomon Schechter Day School Network and is connected to Temple Beth Am.
For more information, visit the Pressman Academy web site.
Interested candidates, please, login to the Jewish Jobs web site.